Interested in Joining?
S.H.I.N.E is committed to safety, harmony, inclusivity, nondiscrimination and equality. We will work to further the mission and values of Methodist Health System while centering the interests of LGBTQIA+ employees, with the support of allies across the Methodist community. We are committed to creating a safe environment that prioritizes privacy, respect and community, in support of the overall diversity and inclusion strategy of the organization.
What are the expectations if I join the group?
This group encourages all levels of participation, including passive and/or anonymous involvement. No member is expected to share anything more about themselves than they are comfortable with. Our allies are asked to focus on listening, learning and supporting, but all members should commit to creating an inclusive and positive culture within the group.
Living the CARE Pillars
Key focus: collaboration, outreach, partnership
- Increase awareness of the group throughout the organization to organically build our membership base.
- Build relationships and a sense of community within the group.
Key focus: support, action, retention of talent
- Grow the network of champions for LGBTQIA+ inclusion within Methodist Health System.
- Ensure leaders have the tools and language to actively support LGBTQIA+ employees.
Key focus: recruitment, development, retention
- Create opportunities for LGBTQIA+ employees and allies to network across the organization in a safe and comfortable environment.
Key focus: feedback, awareness, guidance
- Provide educational opportunities that highlight LGBTQIA+ voices in the health system and our communities.