Employee Resource Groups
What is an Employee Resource Group (ERG)?
Employee Resource Groups provide a platform for connection for employees with common interests. These groups give a voice to employees who may be underrepresented, provide a sense of community, and help with retention by providing higher engagement. When employees feel like they are appreciated and belong, it unleashes innovation, productivity and opportunities.
There are four key components of an ERG that each connect to our strategic priorities as an organization:
- Business: Connecting employees to the organization's strategic plans and mission.
- Education: Providing education, training and development for employees.
- Engagement: Creating an internal network of professionals, developing relationships across the organization.
- Community: Connecting employees to peers, resources and community leaders.
Why participate in an ERG?
- Create connections with employees who share common interests or characteristics
- Opportunities for education and growth
- Attend special events such as team volunteer offerings and outside-of-work celebrations
- Network across the health system and learn more about the inner workings of MHS
There are three ERGs at Nebraska Methodist Health System currently:
Methodist Emerging Professionals (MEP)
LGBTQ+ & Allies Resource Group
Veterans & Allies Resource Group (VERG)