Reminder of Methodist's Masking RequirementsPublished: Aug. 31, 2022
Please see below a reminder from our Infection Prevention team.
The Methodist Health System (MHS) masking policy outlined below reflects the most current recommendations given by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- MHS requires masks to be worn by employees, vendors, volunteers, patients and visitors at hospitals and other facilities that provide direct patient care while they’re in patient care areas and/or areas accessible to the public.
- For individuals who are fully vaccinated, masking is not required in nonclinical, nonpublic areas, including office spaces, break rooms, cubicles and conference rooms.
- For individuals who are unvaccinated and/or are not up to date with vaccinations, masking is required at all MHS facilities.
General Guidelines for Non-patient Care Facilities
- Masking is not required for employees who are up to date with all COVID-19 vaccine doses when in the following facilities:
- 825 Building
- Shared Services
- Nebraska Methodist College
- Departments or other affiliates not located in a hospital or clinic setting [e.g. Methodist Hospital (MH) Foundation or the Pathology building on the MH campus)
Refer to the MHS masking policy for other exceptions.
Click here for a flyer that includes information about how to properly wear a procedure/surgical mask.
If you have any questions, contact the Infection Prevention Department at 354-8715.