COVID-19 Vaccination Update: Health System Clinics a Big SuccessPublished: Feb. 24, 2021
Administering the COVID-19 vaccine to the Methodist Health System workforce began in earnest on Dec. 15 and concluded on Feb. 15. The final second-shot vaccine clinic is slated for Monday, March 8. Here’s a close look at the vaccination effort by the numbers:
- 119 clinics/closed point of dispensing (CPOD) sites were held at Methodist Hospital, Methodist Women’s Hospital, Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, Methodist Fremont Health, Nebraska Methodist College and Shared Services.
- 547 hours were devoted to clinic distribution.
- More than 1,000 staff members provided over 3,700 hours of much-needed assistance at the clinics.
- Over 6,500 employees have been vaccinated – roughly 75% of our system workforce.
- 12,314 doses of the vaccine were administered to Methodist employees – 7,332 doses/1,229 vials of Pfizer-BioNTech and 4,982 doses/495 vials of Moderna.
- Over 700 non-health system employees were also vaccinated through our process (contract employees, private practice physicians on active staff, active volunteers, and Nebraska Methodist College students in their clinical rotations).
None of this would have been possible without the tremendous effort put forth by the vaccine planning work group, the countless number of employees who worked the CPODs, the vaccine management effort by the pharmacy teams, the logistical planning by emergency management personnel and all of you who participated in this important effort.
While this is a step in the right direction, please remember that we are not out of the woods yet. COVID-19 is still very present in our communities and across the country. It’s crucial that we all remain vigilant with our masking, social distancing and handwashing.
Methodist Health System is currently working with the Douglas County Health Department to operate a community COVID-19 vaccine clinic on behalf of the county. We are in the planning phases now and hope to have it up and running in early March.
The site will be located in a former retail space at 114th and Dodge.
Once our plans are approved, we will be asking for support to staff the clinic for the two days a week we plan to operate. Stay tuned for more information as details are finalized.
Share Your Experience
We all have different reasons for getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We're asking Methodist employees to share their experiences on social media, tagging Methodist and using the hashtags #ourbestshot and #whatsyourwhy.
More Employee Resources
- Learn about the v-safe after-vaccination health checker.
- Replay the Dec. 15 Employee Town Hall and view its accompanying PowerPoint Presentation.
- Read the employee FAQ about the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- If you have questions regarding the vaccine, please submit them to @email.
- Find the latest information on COVID-19 page on the intranet.