HR and Benefits
Exciting News Regarding TAP and Employee Referral ProgramPublished: July 21, 2021
We’re excited to share two updates related to education assistance and employee referral bonuses!
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
For many years Methodist Health System has provided its employees with a Tuition Assistance Program, designed to help employees manage education expenses while pursuing their career goals.
New this year and effective for fall 2021 classes, the health system is offering an additional $1,500 for classes taken at Nebraska Methodist College (NMC). Combined with the $2,000 that has always been available, eligible employees have $3,500 available to help with tuition costs. As with the general TAP funds, the additional $1,500 is available for the calendar year.
For specific details around eligibility and application, please visit the Tuition Assistance Program page of the intranet, found on the Benefits page under Human Resources.
Employee Referral Program
Our goal is to continue to expand our health system and our reputation as a premier health organization. To do this, we need the very best people … employees like you! Through the employee referral bonus program, you can help us find them and earn $500 in the process! YOU are our best ambassador.
Here’s How It Works
- Refer a qualified candidate you think would be a valuable member of our team.
- Your candidate can be a friend, neighbor, relative, former coworker … anyone that fits the qualifications.
- Your candidate CANNOT be a past NMHS employee in the last 12 months or a current employee.
Making a Referral Is Easy
- Have your candidate complete an application online at www.bestcare.org/jobs for a position at Methodist Health System.
- When your candidate completes and submits the application, be sure they list you as the referring staff member.
- If Methodist Health System hires your referral for a regularly scheduled part-time or full-time position (20 to 40 hours), you will be eligible for a $500 referral bonus.
Collecting Your Bonus
- The bonus is paid in two parts. You receive half of your bonus included in your check at the next available pay date after your referral completes six months of employment. The other half is included in your check at the next available pay date after your referral completes one year of employment. The next available pay date is based on payroll processing deadlines established by HR.
- Bonuses are taxable income, so you will receive a net amount after taxes are deducted.
- You must be employed by Methodist Health System (MHS) on the pay date and not be in a notice to leave period at the time of payment. Additionally, you must be continuously employed by MHS between the time of referral and the bonus pay date.
- If you are eligible for a referral bonus, you will be provided a confirmation of pay dates and program guidelines at the time your referral is hired.
For more information, see the Recruiting - Referral and Sign-on Bonuses policy on the intranet.
- The employee referral program is effective 07/18/2021 and will be re-evaluated after 09/30/2021
- This Employee Referral Program excludes Dunklau Gardens at Methodist Fremont Health as they have a separate employee referral program
Please call the Human Resources at (402) 354-2200.