News and Events
Want to Be a Member of the Methodist Decon Team?Published: March 23, 2021
Have you ever wanted to learn more about decontaminating victims, using decontamination equipment or setting up a decon or shelter/triage tent, bio-seal or isopod during an emergency?
Then consider becoming a member the Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Methodist Women’s Hospital Decontamination Team. The training is done in a fun learning environment and benefits the safety of the hospital and community.
Decon team membership responsibilities are as follows:
- Minimum two-year commitment
- Pass a medical respirator examination, complete respirator fit test and demonstrate competency to don and doff decon suits and PAPR respirators.
- Complete initial 16-hour training paid time (two eight-hour days), charged to Emergency Management, within first year.
- Attend monthly meetings/training sessions, each 1.5 hours of paid time.
- Participate in at least one of the two drills each year, typically on Saturdays or during a predetermined time.
- Active participation in all actual events when applicable
- Complete National Incident Management System (NIMS) independent study 100, 200 and 700 courses.
A quarterly stipend of $250 will be paid to decon team members at the 825 Building, Methodist Hospital and Methodist Women's Hospital who attended all three of the decon team meetings in a quarter and meet the above requirements.
For more Decon Team information, see the following policies on the MHSIntranet:
- Decon Team Administration
- Department Decontamination Response
- Decontamination Team Response
If you are interested in joining the Decontamination Team, or if you have any further questions, contact:
- Val Goodman at (402) 354-8763 or @email
- Nicholas Walsh at (402) 354-4341 or email@example.com
- Paula Smith at (402) 354-4956 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Wyant at (402) 354-4326 or email@example.com