News and Events
HIPAA Alert: Do Not Alter Your Medical Records!Published: March 1, 2018
DO NOT ALTER YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
- Under no circumstances may employees edit or update their electronic health record or that of their family members, including minor children.
- Employees have the same options as our other patients to update information or make an appointment: 1) Contact the provider via phone, or 2) Contact the provider via the patient portal.
- FairWarning is sending alerts on every employee who is making changes or scheduling appointments in their record or family members’ records.
- Effective 2017 supervisors were alerted to all employee violations of Methodist policy and staff was disciplined according to current HR policies.
- Supervisors: Please post this Notice and discuss in your staff meetings.
If you have any questions about our policy on “Accessing Your Own Medical Record,”
please contact HIPAA Privacy Officer Zorana Vojnovic at (402) 354-6863 or @email.