Awards and Achievements
MHS Marketing Department Wins 12 National AwardsPublished: June 7, 2016
The Methodist Health System Marketing Department was recently honored with a total of 12 awards in two national competitions: the Aster Awards for excellence in medical marketing and the Healthcare Advertising Awards, the nation's oldest and largest health care advertising awards program.
The Meaning of Care Magazine Wins National Honors
Both national award programs honored The Meaning of Care Magazine, which is written, designed, photographed and produced in-house by the MHS Marketing Department:
The Meaning of Care Magazine is available at our affiliate sites and mailed to 40,000 consumers in targeted ZIP codes, with circulation and demographics matched to each issue's content. Recipients include many of Methodist’s patients and clients, physicians and donors to our foundations as well as members of the media, who often pick up and expand on the stories. The magazine is available online at bestcare.org/tmoc.
The other MHS advertising and marketing projects honored by these national award programs reflect the ongoing successful collaboration between MHS Marketing and Anderson Partners Advertising.
Methodist Wins 7 Aster Awards
The Methodist Health System Marketing Department earned seven Aster Awards. The competition recognizes the nation's most talented healthcare marketing professionals for excellence in advertising and marketing:
- Magazine Publication - Series: The Meaning of Care Magazine
- Outdoor Transit - Series: "Family Reveal" Bus Bench Series
- Service Line - Cardiac/Vascular: "Family Reveal" Cardiac Services
- TV/Video Advertising - Series: "Family Reveal" Television Series
- Newspaper Advertising - Series: "Family Reveal"
- Billboard Design - Series: " Family Reveal" Outdoor Board Series
- Service Line - Women's: " Family Reveal" Women's Services
The 2016 Aster Awards received nearly 3,000 entries from across the United States, as well as Canada and South America. Entries compete against similar-sized organizations. Materials developed, produced and/or distributed during 2015 were eligible for the 2016 award program.
Methodist Wins 5 Healthcare Advertising Awards
The Methodist Health System Marketing Department won five awards in the 33rd Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards, sponsored by Healthcare Marketing Report:
- External Publication: The Meaning of Care Magazine
- Radio Single: "Family Reveal"
- Magazine Series: "Family Reveal" Magazine Ad Series
- Television Series: "Family Reveal" Television Series
- Newspaper Series: "Family Reveal" Omaha World-Herald Strip Ad Series
A national panel of judges granted awards to entries exemplifying exceptional quality, creativity and message effectiveness.