News and Events
Winter Weather Review: Prepare Now To Stay SafePublished: Nov. 8, 2022
It's that time of year again when freezing rain, snow, ice and cold weather return to the forecast.
With all that the winter months can throw at us, it’s important to prioritize safety and preparedness – whether you’re heading across the country or across town.
To make sure your season is filled with cheer, the Methodist Emergency Management team has compiled some helpful resources.
As a Methodist employee, you’re counted on by our community to make it safely to your work site. More importantly, everyone at home is counting on you. Before heading out, make sure to:
- Check the weather forecast.
- Check current road conditions on Nebraska 511 or Iowa 511.
- Have a car emergency supply kit.
- Make sure your car is in good working order.
- Give yourself extra time to reach your destination.
Work and Home Preparedness
Make sure you’re ready at home by:
- Utilizing space heaters in a safe manner by making sure they're away from flammable materials and under supervision.
- Having working carbon monoxide detectors.
At work, be ready by:
- Planning for how you will travel during winter weather to make your scheduled shifts.
- Coordinating with department leadership to stay on site before or after a shift.
Finally, make sure you pay attention to the weather. Meteorologists do their best to provide you with important weather updates. Make sure you know the various types of weather hazards!