Thank You For Your Interest
As a Commute with Care participant, you have access to program benefits that include:
- A free Metro bus pass
- Free emergency rides home
- Free online access to Methodist’s Metro Rideshare carpool matching portal
- Improved bicycle infrastructure
Please see the additional details below on how to start utilizing each part of this unique program.
Methodist Health System is pleased to offer employees one free bus pass for use on Metro, Omaha’s transit authority. Please watch your email for instructions on how to claim your free bus pass on Metro’s website. The email should arrive within five to seven business days and will be sent to the email provided on the previous page.
If you have questions or have not received your email within seven business days, please contact:
In addition, please view the variety of transit resources below:
- Track your bus in real time using Metro’s My Ride website.
- Review Park and Ride locations if you’re interested in parking your car and taking a bus to your work site.
- Review information about riding your bike and taking the bus.
- Get more information, including video resources, about riding the bus.
A website has been created to help Methodist employees locate nearby coworkers who may be interested in carpooling.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Register on Methodist’s Metro Rideshare portal.
- Provide your name, email address (you MUST use your Methodist-provided email address) and mobile phone number.
- Follow the prompts to verify your email address and phone number.
- Note: The link above will direct you to the IowaRideShare page. This link should be used by all Methodist employees in both Iowa and Nebraska.
- Create a profile.
- Upload an image (not required).
- Provide a gender (not required).
- Provide your smoking preference.
- Create a trip profile.
- Name your commute (e.g., My MWF Commute).
- Enter your origin and destination address.
- Provide your schedule (multiple schedules can be saved under different profiles).
- Select all modes of travel that interest you.
- Select preferred “Primary Travel Mode.”
- Provide your “Trip Visibility” preferences.
- Search for trips.
- Choose either “Recurring” or “One-time” trips.
- Click “See Results.”
Methodist has partnered with zTrip® to offer a free Emergency Ride Home (ERH) service to registered Commute with Care participants when unforeseen emergencies come up on the days they bike, carpool, take the bus or walk to work or school. At this time, the program is available only at select Methodist locations in Omaha and Council Bluffs.
- Only participants who have signed up for the Commute with Care Program will be eligible to receive a free ride home. Please note that it takes one week for your name to be added to the program.
- This 24-hour service can be used only to travel home or to a doctor’s office, hospital or dependent’s school or daycare.
- The ERH service can be used only for the following conditions:
- Unexpected illness of a participant or carpool driver
- Unexpected illness or accident of an immediate family member (child, partner/spouse, parent or household dependent)
- Unscheduled overtime or late meeting (i.e., no advance notice that the participant would have to work late)
- Carpool driver had to leave work early for an emergency
- Carpool vehicle or bicycle breakdown
- All ERH rides must originate from a Methodist location.
- Only Methodist locations within Omaha or Council Bluffs city limits are eligible at this time.
- Up to two stops are permitted per ERH trip (e.g., a child’s school and then home).
- Please note that while all vehicles can transport children in car seats, zTrip will not provide a car seat for your use.
- The ERH service may be used for up to five rides per fiscal year (July 1-June 30). The number of allowable rides will be prorated based on the date a participant initially registers for the Commute with Care Program. There is no carry-over from one fiscal year to the next. Rides taken in excess of the five-ride annual limit are the financial responsibility of the participant.
How to call for an emergency ride home with zTrip:
- Employees need to call the dispatch center at (402) 202-2222 and press 9.
- Call zTrip at (402) 202-2222 and press 9. Please be ready to provide:
- Your name
- Date and time of pickup
- Pickup address
- Drop-off address
- Methodist account number: 54450
As a Commute with Care participant, you have access to a variety of bicycle parking options on all Methodist campuses.
- Methodist Hospital: employee garage
- Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital: in front of the Jennie Edmundson Medical Plaza or the entrance to the Emergency Department
- 825 Building: northwest side of the building
- College: west side of the Clark Building
- HealthWest: north entrance
- Methodist Women’s Hospital: between the Emergency Department and the helipad
- Methodist Fremont Health: entrance of Dunklau Gardens or the employee entrance to the Emergency Department
- More Resources
- Nebraska Department of Transportation bicycle safety tips
- Omaha bicycle route map